Choose Among Superb Narrative Essay Topics
A personal narrative is a tale presented from the first person that includes the characters, plot, and conflict. Being a high school or a college student, you will be asked to create narrative essay about some event that happened in your life. However, keep in mind that the topic of your essay has to be related to the topic discussed in class. There are a lot of narrative essay topics available on the web. Choose one or make up your own topic for a narrative essay and develop it into a great piece that will bring you the best outcome!
Only good narrative story ideas make good narratives. When selecting the topic for your narrative essay, you need to brainstorm and think about the experiences you want to share with the audience. If you find it difficult to choose one, feel free to contact our first-class essay writing service. Our creative and talented writers know many secrets and techniques on how to select good narrative ideas.
Choosing the Best Topic for a Narrative Essay
- A narrative is a description of the author’s life. More often than not, the writers will describe a specific event or change that they believe deserve the reader’s attention.
- Most narratives are easy to create. However, as a writer, you have to know how to maintain a formal tone and write a paper well.
- A strong project begins with a strong, memorable topic. Narrative story ideas are numerous, but only the best one will win the prize.
- While choosing the most appropriate topic, make a list of the most memorable events. Keep in mind that each topic has to be relevant to your subject or discipline.
- Review your notes. Which of these episodes you believe is the best subject for your paper?
- You can review samples of other papers written on the same subject. You can use their structure to create your own work. They can inspire you to develop a brilliant piece that will fascinate your readers.
- Consider that any narrative tells a vivid, interesting story. For instance, you can write an autobiography. However, it is not enough to write. This has to be something really awesome. If you have difficulty choosing the topic, review the recommendations below. You can find a topic that will keep your audience engaged and interested in your story.
160 Narrative Paper Ideas
Below, you will find the list of creative narrative essay topics that will help you write an impressive narrative essay. We hope that some of these narrative essay topics for high school and college will help you. You can use them to recall and describe your childish dream, a person you admired, or an event that changed your worldview. Choose any narrative essay topics suggested by our writers, but do not forget that you must also comply with your professor’s requirements. Choosing a strong topic is a challenging process, but the list below will certainly inspire you:
- The most frightening event I ever experienced;
- The most embarrassing feeling I ever had;
- The experience that made me reconsider my values;
- The experience that helped me fight cowardice;
- The most unforgettable day in my life;
- The event that has taught me to appreciate what I have;
- The childhood experience that helped me grow up;
- My story of success;
- The most unpleasant experience in my life;
- My favorite childhood game;
- The dream that became a reality;
- Crafting: my favorite techniques;
- My favorite fairytale characters;
- The role of a history/language/math teacher in my life;
- The most disastrous event that happened to me;
- My first day at school;
- My best friend and his/her role in my life;
- The role of my teacher in my personal and professional growth;
- My favorite subjects in elementary school;
- A person I am afraid to lose most of all;
- What friendship experience you will never forget?
- The ethical lesson I do not want to forget;
- My relations with parents: the most valuable lessons they have taught me;
- Evaluate the role of love in human life?
- Do you believe that honesty is an integral instrument for building healthy relations with others?
- What morality problems bother you? Provide the examples;
- Describe your first love experience;
- What is the role of ethical values in your life?
- In challenging situations, do you prefer lying or telling the truth? Provide real-life experiences;
- What is your attitude towards strangers in your life?
- What supernatural skill would you like to have and why?
- What talent you have always desired to have? Why?
- Which fantastic character do you associate yourself?
- Tell about the song that influences you on an emotional level;
- Tell about your first experience abroad. Do you believe that traveling can help the individual push the limits?
- Without what things you cannot imagine your days?
- Which book or journal would you take on an island?
- Evaluate the role of respect in the treatment of other people? Do you agree that people should be equal regardless of their color of skin, religion, or nationality? Provide real-life experiences;
- Tell about your favorite mode of traveling? Do you prefer traveling alone?
- If you were a director, what would be the topic of your first movie?
- A weird event that happened to your friend
- How you once quarreled with your friend
- How it feels to meet a friend after years of being apart
- How your best friend and you met for the first time
- A case when your friend and you risked your lives
- A story when you had to keep your friend out of trouble
- How you got acquainted with your friend’s family
- How you saw your friend’s cat or dog for the first time
- A situation when you had to choose a better friend
- A story of your being a conflict manager between your friends
- How your friend and you managed your time after school
- How you met a person of your life
- Your experience of finding a reliable friend online
- How you met an online friend in reality
- Describing a friend you have not seen since childhood but keep missing as an adult
- Exclusive, unusual traditions in your family
- The most surprising tradition in your friend’s family
- Your family’s most sacred or valued holiday
- The key values and principles in your home culture
- A story of embarrassment, when you do not know something about your native culture
- The impact of political change on culture
- How media reshape our vision of culture
- How your family maintains its food or nutritional traditions
- How the culture of your country impacts personal relationships
- How you would describe your cultural or national identity
- An eye-opening moment when you discovered something brand new
- A story of meeting your first school love
- The most memorable moment from your school studies
- The most disappointing lesson when you studied in school
- What did you think about love when you were at school?
- The first essay you wrote after going to school
- What do you think you look while talking to others on social media
- How social media changes the way you think
- A situation when you saved someone from a huge mistake
- A situation when you needed someone to save you in a crisis
- A case that strengthened your confidence in people.
- The best strategy to handle anxiety and manage your time
- How your family is handling gender roles
- The moment you became a different person
- The easiest thing you have ever accomplished
- What you value in your life
- Your advice how to survive in the most stressful situations
- Describe your beliefs about gender equality and the glass ceiling
- Describe a family member who inspires you
- Share your thoughts about using smartphones in the classroom
- Describe the funniest encounter you have ever had in your life
- What is the best way to deal with depression?
- How did you spend the last day at school?
- Share your thoughts about someone who has had a major influence on your personal or educational decisions.
- Discuss your favorite book and reasons why you like it
- Superb narrative topic ideas for anyone. Use anything you like, and it will brighten your paper.
- The most controversial decision in your life
- A decision that made your life different
- A traffic accident that left you untouched
- The most beautiful day you ever had in your life
- Your most serious failure
- Something that keeps you embarrassed over years
- When you were so sick you thought you could die
- When you saved your neighbor after an accident
- When you decided to explore an abandoned house
- A life-changing moment;
- My first job;
- Overcoming a fear;
- The day I moved;
- Meeting my role model;
- A surprising encounter with a celebrity;
- My most memorable dream;
- An unforgettable childhood adventure;
- A secret talent I discovered;
- The day I faced my biggest phobia;
- A memorable road trip;
- Lost and found;
- Exploring a new culture;
- Camping under the stars;
- The solo adventure;
- Surviving a natural disaster;
- A surreal encounter with wildlife;
- Getting lost in a foreign city;
- An unexpected journey into the wilderness;
- A cross-country hitchhiking experience;
- Sibling rivalry;
- Lessons from grandma’s kitchen;
- A long-distance friendship;
- A bond with a pet;
- My parent’s love story;
- A family holiday tradition like no other;
- An unexpected family reunion;
- The day I became an older sibling;
- How my family survived a challenging time together;
- The mystery behind a family heirloom;
- A teacher who inspired me;
- My academic turning point;
- The school play;
- A learning experience outside the classroom;
- The power of books;
- Learning a new language;
- My favorite subject in school and why;
- How I developed a unique study technique;
- Overcoming academic challenges;
- The impact of online education on my learning;
- Overcoming a physical challenge;
- From failure to success;
- Facing discrimination;
- Battling a health issue;
- The daredevil stunt;
- Surviving a natural disaster;
- My experience with a major life setback;
- Defying the odds against all predictions;
- A valuable lesson from a personal failure;
- The day I conquered my biggest fear;
- Volunteering abroad;
- A moment of social activism;
- The power of kindness;
- Bridging generation gaps;
- The importance of environmental conservation;
- My journey to promote sustainability;
- Breaking stereotypes through community involvement;
- My role in a local charity organization;
- Empowering women in my community;
- Creating positive change through small actions.
Good Narrative Topics about Friends and Friendship
Narrative Essay Topics for Culture
Middle School Topics for a Personal Narrative
High School Narrative Topics
College Personal Narrative Topics
University Level Narrative Topics
Narrative Topics for an Interesting Essay
Travel and Adventure
Family and Relationships
Education and Learning
Challenges and Triumphs
Social Issues and Impact
So, the Topic is Chosen. What to do Next?
Any of these ideas for narratives can create a context for a perfect paper. With the topics above, you can finally find something that will suit your purpose and depict the uniqueness of your personal experiences. What to write a personal narrative about? Each of the subjects above provides an answer. However, before you start, check what your professor expects from you. Most instructors are very detailed in their topic requirements. In the meantime, our narrative paper ideas can become the best secret of successful writing. Use our narrative essay tips to produce a memorable paper. Good narrative ideas do not happen overnight. Learn our narrative essay tips and techniques and become successful! Our online essay writing service provides plenty of useful services to help you out with your project.