Essay outline writing assists in structuring and organizing the necessary information. In addition, it helps in building an idea of how your paper should look like. In case you are tasked to provide an argumentative paper, you have to write an argumentative essay outline. However, if your task is to write a persuasive essay then a persuasive essay outline will be needed.
Essay Outline Writing Guideline
You can write your essay outline using a number of ways. For example you can simply google an essay outline template and follow it when writing your own outline or you can use our guideline. It is aimed at helping you to properly structure all your ideas in the paper.
- Make sure you have selected a proper topic for your written assignment prior to writing your essay outline.
- You have to comprehend everything your professor wants you to write in the paper. That is why it will be better if you keep on communicating with your professor. It can save both your time.
- Think about the thesis statement prior to writing the paper. What exactly would you like to discuss in your paper?
- Do not forget to include subject and topic. For example, fast food has a negative influence on health.
Whenever you have selected the topic, provide a list of 2 – 5 main ideas related to your topic. The point of your paper must be considered carefully. Then the ideas must be turned into paragraphs when you start structuring and organizing your paper. The following questions will help you:
- Do you want to prove your point of view or an argument?
- Do you try to provide explanation on how to do a particular task?
- Is your aim to inform or teach the reader on a certain topic?
- Can you provide an explanation why you selected each point and how the selected ideas are related to the thesis statement?
Every main idea should be supported with the proof. It can be found in secondary sources or even in your text. The proofs help to make body paragraphs in the paper.
Do not forget about the conclusion as it has to confirm the thesis statement provided in the introduction. Do not provide new information in conclusion. You have to restate all your main ideas by using different words.